Thursday, January 6, 2011

2010 highlights - courtesy of Finn

Two thousand ten was a year for the books
with breaking news stories and hot new looks.
Uggs are still cool but the best boots this year
are made of brown leather like buckskin or deer.
Pull them up to your knees if you are so able,
If done right you look like you've come from the stable.

This was the year that the Mexican sea
was filled up with oil by those scumbags BP.
Obama passed healthcare to the Repubs chagrin
The tea party surged behind Beck and Palin.
TV sales were rocked by the death of king Billy
and miners got caught in the mountains of Chile.
Immigration- a problem - was so darn beguiling,
Arizona responded with racial profiling.

The Finn Larson family had quite a great year
with many great moments of triumph and cheer.
A summer of camping was oh so much fun
with biking and hiking and swimming and sun.
It was also the year of the National Park
Acadia, Zion- they both hit the mark.
At Fenway Mikaela saw her first Red Sox game
and football was watched at old Notre Dame.
The event from this year that was really the best
was the birth of our son which trumps all the rest!


Happy New Year!

3 comments:

BDT said...

Nicely done EFL!

Margie said...

Way to go Erik Finn! I didn't know you had that in you. We're thinking about you today and wish we could be there helping with the big move. Your SLC trip was way too short. Sure love ya all! Marge

Margie said...

You're quite the poet,
I just didn't know it.

I'd try it myself, but
surely I would blow it.

Erik, have I told you lately that you're a good man, a good husband and a good father. That is what matters most.

Mikaela, have I told you lately that you're a good woman, a good wife, and a good mother. That is what matters most.

Keep up the good work. I'm dang proud of you both.

Be careful in those mountains of Vermont.

Pops