Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Zion National Park- Angels Landing

Erik and I grew up in Utah but never visited Zion so we finally went in October. It was as impressive as I had imagined! We got a very large group campsite where our family members and some of our friends met up with us. We also got to stay in St. George a couple of nights and watch "Embraceable You" at the Tuacahn Amphitheatre.

Us at Tuacahn pre show:Here are pictures from our hike up Angels Landing:
Little M did great, and I am proud to say that I carried him all the way up and back down (Erik carried all the other stuff though.)The views were much more spectacular in person but you get the idea...Did I mention that it was quite steep!? good thing this chain was there...
There were some other kids and babies in packs but M held the record for being the youngest "hiker" that day.Not used to the elevation so much now that we live at sea level...We made it! M decided to take a nap once we arrived.My brother Jared and niece Lauryn hiked all the way with us.Have I mentioned how much I love National Parks?? They are seriously the best.

No comments: