Saturday we went to the Notre Dame vs U of U football game. Sadly, the Utes played pretty poorly and lost but it was still fun to hang out with friends. The campus was also really cool and people were very friendly. Maybe baby M will go to college there one day- he loved eating in the dining hall. If I had to do college over again and base my decision solely upon the college dining hall experience this would be the definite winner. That night we got dinner at Potbellys- one of my favorite places to eat (which I discovered in D.C, but it originated just around the corner from Biz's house in Chicago.)
Sunday we went to Millenium Park and got lots of pictures taken at cloudgate or as I like to call it “the bean.” I will have to post them once I get them from Biz. I was really looking forward to that and it proved to be just as cool as I thought it would be. Then we got lunch at Food Life - sort of like a gourmet food court but it's just a single restaurant with a bunch of different "kitchens." It was quite delicious. That night we visited Erik’s Uncle John and Aunt Laura. They made us a yummy dinner, Magnus had a great time checking out their dog, and Laura introduced me to these delicious cookies from Trader Joes:
I went to my local TJ's tonight and next to these cookies were Dark Chocolate covered peppermint Joe Joes... even better! These might be even better than my beloved Cadbury Eggs. You should all go buy yourself some now- they are really good!
Monday we went to the Lincoln Park Zoo, which was pretty dang cool. Definitely the most impressive Zoo I have ever been to (not that I've been to many though) and it's free! Next we went to the Chicago History Museum where Biz works and got a personal tour of the "I Do!" exhibit that she worked on. The exhibit demonstrated the evolution of wedding dress fashion over the past 150 years or so. It was cool to see the different dresses women wore before the white dress we know today. We got Potbellys one last time at the airport before flying back. There was an extra seat on the plane so they let us bring on the carseat for M and he slept the entire flight back. Pretty much a perfect end to our trip.
Thank you Biz for hosting us, being our personal tour guide, and taking photos for us!

1 comment:
Sigh... this was my life. I love Chicago - it is an amazing city. You should be there in the summer time... such a great place. And of course I love Notre Dame. Your post made me very nostalgic.
[note: I get eating at the original Uno's, but there is a LOT better deep dish pizza in Chicago. You'll need to go back.]
Post a Comment