Thursday, July 9, 2015

England

It was an adventure driving on the left hand side of the road, but I did it! We stayed at a lovely bed and breakfast near Birmingham where Erik was attending a conference for work for a few days. 

A few things that were not documented with pictures that I enjoyed where watching Erik present at the conference one day, and dinner at a fantastic indian restaurant one night with the best waiter. 

One day while Erik was working, I drove around the countryside during the day exploring Stratford, known as the birthplace of Shakespeare, and also visiting nearby Warwick Castle, a cool old medieval castle.

The true highlight was visiting Oxford which was beautiful and above all we enjoyed spending time their with wonderful friends that came and met us.

The exterior of our bed and breakfast. 

I truly enjoyed the view from our room. I just sat there and chilled for a while after I sucessfully managed the drive from the airport near London nearly 2 hours to this bed and breakfast. It was a bit stressful driving on the left hand side of the road initially, but I definitely got more comfortable in the following days. 

Our little breakfast nook with a view.

I had lunch in Stratford with the wife of one of Erik's coworkers one day and we had this great view. It was nice to have a travel companion to visit Warwick castle with as well. More pictures of that to come.

I couldn't resist a photo in front of a classic red telephone booth.

Cool old buildings walking around Stratford:

The house of Shakespeare's daughter.

The cemetery where Shakespeare was laid to rest.

Chris & Angie- our friends that we met in Peru last year and Betsy a dear friend from my college days and Boston. Such great conversation visiting with these awesome people.


This lady is seriously the best. She basically flew back from working in West Africa to her now home base in Geneva for a few brief days before flying out again to see me in England. Then she was jetting off to San Francisco. She's a world traveler, one of the nicest people I know and such a great friend. Love ya Betsy!

No comments: