Getting a cell phone with a better camera a few months ago was a great decision because I capture a lot of things that I wouldn't if it required that I get our "real" camera out. And it's fun to look at all all the funny pictures of these little kids growing up.
Here's J chowing down on some pesto pasta with peas, finishing up the last of our supply of homemade pesto from this past years basil supply in our garden. She'll even say "pesto," and I love that she loves it.
She's obsessed with fish and spotted these on a recent trip to the store. She was so excited and fish is one many words she now says. We're renting and can't have pets, but I almost bought one on the spot when I saw her eyes light up. I quickly realized, who would feed the fish when we're on vacation? And just like that, I had talked myself out of it.
Sometimes we have lunch at dad's work and the kids think it's one of the greatest things ever. It really is quite great though, I must agree.
M got a haircut and doesn't he look satisfied and sharp? I just heard snippets of his conversation with the girl cutting his hair so I'm not quite sure where this came up in the conversation but he confided that "my dad's afraid of bats."
I pulled out some leftover fabric from my Boston years that I had used to make myself a skirt long ago, got one of J's dresses that currently fits and in a rare bout of craftiness stayed up until 2am to complete it. It was worth it because I could return my serger and sewing machines to there hiding spots for another year before the kids could push any buttons. I told Erik I'd be making him and M matching ties so we can all wear them one day, but he's not going for it. I really think it's a great idea though.. haha.
J learns the art of selfies.
We had dinner with my lovely grandma. It was so much fun. Both of my kids love her and she's pretty fond of them too.
We went to Trader Joes after one of J's burn therapy appointments in Salt Lake. She really wanted to choose her own items but somehow I managed to get things in the cart that I actually wanted in the end. M was a little more cooperative with his cart but it still was a little bit of a juggling act getting two little ones to head in the same general direction, not ram into other people, etc. Checking out was a little nuts, because J was mad as could be about unloading the cart so the cashier could scan our items. Still a fun trip though cause I love that place.
Spring came to our table courtesy of Trader Joes. What can I say? The kids and I really wanted all three options.
We had friends over for dinner and ate some of our personally caught alaskan salmon. I took a picture because it was beautiful. M announced "we killed this fish" at the dinner table.

J nabbed my phone and took a picture of me when we were visiting with friends after dinner. It's a little blurry, but I'm proud of her photography skills.












No comments:
Post a Comment