J and I took a trip to Boston in mid August for my friend Vera's wedding and to visit friends. We took a red eye Wednesday night arriving Thursday morning. After getting picked up by my friend Marissa, we took a nice long nap. It was J's first time flying and she slept during both flights like an angel, though I was quite tired. Vera got married Thursday in Boston and Marissa watched J while I attended. After the wedding I got a chicken kebab plate from Greek Corner (I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I tried to get food from all my favorite Boston venues during this visit.) That night we went to the reception with friends. There was dinner and dancing, Vera looked phenomenal, and we had a great time.
Friday we had lunch with Marissa and her boys in Wakefield. Her eldest son requested ice cream so we walked to Cravings and I got some really great homemade oatmeal raisin cookie ice cream. It was unique and delicious. That night Betsy and Gordon picked up my favorite wings in the world from Wings over Somerville. These wings were a favorite for Erik and I when we lived in Amherst and frequented the Hanger.
Saturday morning Betsy and Gordon made a delicious breakfast and we walked over to the farmers market beside the lake in Wakefield. My friend and old co worker from my Mass General days, Ashley, drove down to meet June and catch up. It was great to her again. That night we had a girls night out with old friends from church where I enjoyed my favorite Thai food at Thailand Cafe in Arlington. Following dinner we drove to the north end in Boston to get cannoli from Mike's Pastry. The line was the most ridiculous I have ever seen. Marissa and I walked down to Modern Pastry and found there was a line there as well. We decided we'd each try one and call the other when we got inside. When I walked back to Mike's, I noticed that some people were just walking in rather than queuing up in the single file line. After debating how badly I wanted cannoli during this trip, I walked right on in. I felt a tinge of guilt then a bit of exhilaration but in the end I was glad I did it.
Sunday I went to my old church and it was fun to see some old familiar faces. Afterward I met up with Erik's former roomate and our friend, Spencer Nam. We got brunch at Henriettas table where I had never been. The food was great and the dessert bar was one of the most decadent displays I have ever seen. It was the perfect end to a fun trip and visit with my Boston friends. We had a good flight back to Salt Lake that night and I got to sit next to the nicest woman who was expecting a baby girl. She was so kind and I was grateful to sit next to to her and chat. I didn't get many picture on the trip to begin with, then my phone deleted half of them for some unknown reason. Thus I was left with these two gems to remember our fun girls trip:
J looking cute:
The lovely Betsy:
and two more trips photos found below:
Marissa lookin' sassy during our girls night out:
George Benson giving J a sweet hug:




No comments:
Post a Comment