Thursday, September 20, 2012

Deer Valley weekend



We spent our labor day weekend in Deer Valley at the Stein Erikson Lodge. It was so beautiful and we had a great weekend with friends and family. Friday night we went into Park City for dinner with the Gatzemeiers and Tim. After we came back and put the kids to bed, Erik and I got to hot tub since there was one conveniently located on the balcony of our suite. 

 

On Saturday my parents came up and watched the kids so Erik and I could mountain bike. I ran into an old friend from my high school days when we were riding and it was fun to see her. There was a storm in the afternoon and shortly  after our last trip up the chairlift it started raining, then thundering and lightning and even hailing at one point. It was a little nerve racking but we made it down safely (though Erik was bummed to find he had lost his sunglasses.)

Looking outside our room:
Erik and I riding up the lift. The changing leaves were beautiful:
Woodpecker hanging out in the center of the trees:
Group shot:
M loved the warm pool and baby J enjoyed her first swim as well.
Changing leaves in the canyon on our way down- proof that fall is here:

No comments: