Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I'm in the mood - so two final pet peaves

This one occurs almost every time there is a string-based musical number at church. Almost without exception, the musicians get up and promptly tune their instruments. Is the violin so fragile that it would go completely out of tune during the thirty minutes it sits in its case between the beginning of the meeting and the start of the musical number?

The other day I called someone I know and got the following message, "The number you are calling does not accept solicitations. If you are a solicitor please hang up and add this number to your do not call list. Otherwise please press one." Who thought up this genius tactic? In order to avoid be inconvenienced by either: a) Answering the phone once a week and hanging up, or b) placing my number on the national do not call registry - I am going to inconvenience every single person who ever calls me every single time they call me.

These two will be my last pet peaves for a while as Mikaela made it clear she doesn't appreciate my turning this blog into a list of my personal grievances with society at large.

No comments: