Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Halloween

Halloween weekend involved a lot of traveling this year. I was originally planning to fly to Las Vegas on Saturday to hang out with my family before a work conference, but ending up going out to Utah for a one day trip to attend Erik's Grandmothers funeral. It was a busy 24 hours and I finally got to meet my new niece Lauryn and new nephew Craig. They are both so cute.

Friday night we were at Erik's parents house with all of his siblings, nieces and nephews. Everyone had great costumes, but Erik is the only one I have a picture of. Since Erik's family hadn't seen him in a while they were quite shocked to find out that his new hair do was not a wig. Cheree's reaction was the best; which I can't describe that well, but was somewhat of a shriek. We all had a good laugh about it before trying to convince him to trim it a bit. Of course this just made him all the more determined to keep on growing it out. I'm just thankful it's not a mustache again.


Saturday night I headed down to Las Vegas, rented a car (which was a great deal until they charged me more than the rental itself for being under 25) and drove to Pahrump. I met up with my parents, Uncle Bob & Aunt Nola, my cousin Melanie and her baby, and my other cousin Joanne and her husband Kris. It's always fun to see them especially since it's not often. I got to stay at Joanne and Kris's new house and hang out with them which was so nice.

Sunday after breakfast with everyone my parents and I headed to Vegas. We had a gorgeous view of the fountains from our room at the Bellagio and the weather was incredible. Since my conference was pretty short on Monday I even got to sit out in my swimsuit and enjoy some sunshine before heading back to Boston for a long and cold winter.. haha.

Overall it was a great weekend and Erik and I are excited to be going back to Utah soon for Thanksgiving. Exactly 14 days to go!

2 comments:

flo fallis said...

Mikela,
Dad and Nola said they had a nice visit with you. I am sorry we couldn't come up. Between the kids activities, Jason's stuff and teaching we never get to leave town. Have a great time with your family at Thanksgiving.
Love,
Florence

Margie said...

Hey....even though I just dropped you off to go to the Bodyworks exhibit, I love reading your blog. I get a kick out of reading about your pet peeves Erik. I guess it's because I'm your mother.