With only about a week to plan before our trip there wasn't a great deal of time to research where we should go and what exactly we should do. At one point I did a google search of the "most beautiful places in Slovenia" and found this list of seven places.
Piran was one of the places listed and it also made sense geographically given our itinerary. It was a small beautiful coastal town on the Adriatic sea. We got seafood for lunch, walked around town, bought some delicious strawberries from the market, climbed to the top of the old church bell tower for some spectacular views, then topped it all off with some gelato. Pictures to follow:
Erik was suffering a bit from allergies. Finding a pharmacy and the equivalent of Zyrtec was a fun little challenge.
Views of town.
Enjoying the surroundings of this lovely little town.
The bell tower that we climbed to the top for views of the town and sea.
Looking down from the bell tower.
I loved all the orange roofs.
The main square.
We walked along the pier checking out all the restaurants before making our pick.
Looking back the other direction from the pier.
Gorgeous views and yummy seafood... such a lovely experience.
Picturesque boats in the harbor.
The gelato was so beautiful and tasty.. I've still yet to find good gelato in the US. I don't know why exactly it couldn't be recreated here.
I loved the cute planters in the windows around town.
No comments:
Post a Comment