Erik's uncle suggested this hike and I'm so glad he did. It was kind of a process getting the permit from a website in Spanish that was totally not intuitive and didn't work half of the time. It also required a Visa card and stated that you had to bring the actual card with you to Peru in addition to the ticket so we ended up having to get ourselves a new card. Totally worth it though. This first section of the trail near Machu Picchu reminded me of part of the Angels Landing hike at Zion National Park where you're holding onto a chain with steep cliffs on either side of you.
The hike provided amazing view looking down on Machu Picchu from another angle:
Oh it was fun to be on vacation with this guy:
It was quite the first trip without kids but we sure enjoyed it:
We were so excited to see the kids when we got back though:
It was an adventurous hike, there were crevices to climb through and ladders to climb:
Oh and the stairs. I'm glad we had a night of rest after 4 days of hiking to Machu Picchu and more stairs than I'd encountered in my entire life:
This is the kind of trail that gets you up a super steep mountain without actual rock climbing:
I was like a kid on a super cool adventure. Ladders just made it that much more exciting:
Some more ruins that were a bit more overgrown:
Temple of the moon:
There were two different trails and we did one up to the top and the other on the way back down. This part was a little freaky but pretty spectacular:
Keeping a hand on the rock for balance:
A scenic pit stop between stairs and more stairs:
And back to where we started:
We walked around Machu Picchu again to explore and take a few more photos:
Then we went back to town for a well deserved massage:
I loved the bright colors in Aguas Calientes especially the blue of Peru Rail. I loved that the train went right through the center of town:
No comments:
Post a Comment