Monday, May 12, 2014

Earth Day Love


We went to see the gardens and tulips at Thanksgiving Point on Earth Day with our friends the Gatzemeiers. It was my first time there and it was beautiful. It was a fitting way to enjoy a day celebrating mother earth's beauty. 

We sure love all the gorgeous things she has to offer like the picturesque mountains capped in snow here or the red sandstone arches and amazing canyons south of us in the desert. Citrus groves atop stunning cliffs high above blue ocean waters in Italy or green hills in Vermont and the fall foliage of a New England autumn are imprinted on my memory. I'm grateful for all the beauty I've witnessed in the various places i've lived and traveled to and I can't wait to see all the things that I have yet to discover. 

The kids were happy to run around and explore. There was an abundance of bright beautiful flowers. J wears her spider boots pretty much everywhere these days. They've been paired with dresses, shorts, pajamas - pretty much everything. We're embracing it.








My baby can rock a pony tail and she's two! Time goes by so fast... especially when the kids are sleeping.

Some kind strangers let the kids hitch a ride for a bit. It was a hit.  

Teamwork demonstration:



We're going to celebrate all year long with hikes and campouts, biking, skiing and other fun things we can come up with!

No comments: