Monday, May 21, 2012

Vermont

We sold our house in Vermont this past month and it was pretty bitter sweet for me. Moving away back in October was tough but I just didn't dwell on it a whole lot. Selling the house made it seem so much more final and real. We made a lot of great memories in our short time there and I really loved it.  I never expected to live in Vermont but I'm sure glad that that we did. Lots of little unexpected things remind me of our time there and I miss it. Here's to some good memories!

Maple syrup open house weekend shortly after we moved to Middlebury.
M enjoying being outside in this beautiful scenery.

M checking out a frog. There were so many of these around our house it always made me a bit nervous when I was mowing the lawn.
One of many walks on the Trail Around Middlebury (TAM.)
One of our favorite activities- Wild Blueberry picking.
Beautiful Sunset.
Swimming at Lake Dunmore.
Dining area with a view.
Our raised beds and garden that we loved caring for.
Downtown Middlebury.
View from our backyard looking back at the house.
Our first little home! Sure love this neighborhood and the neighbors.
Hiking and fall foliage!

3 comments:

Mark and Kim said...

What a beautiful place! it would be hard to leave. Good thing Utah has some pretty scenery as well and family on top of it!

Tyler said...

Look at you posting in your postpartum stupor! I hope you're doing well with number two.

Of course it doesn't replace Vermont, but Utah is pretty awesome for snowshoeing! We have a family set of snowshoes if you guys need snowshoeing buddies next winter.

Laura said...

So that last comment was from Laura, not Tyler. But now you get his handsome mug on your blog. Win, win.