Saturday, May 28, 2011

Exploring Paris Day 1

Erik went into the office during the week, so M and I got to go do some exploring on our own. First on the list was figuring out the subway which we were told was similar to Boston. One thing I love about big cities and public transportation is just being able to figure out the direction you are going and go. No need to look up schedules for trains because they come so frequently. Once we mastered that we were off to see some sights starting with Notre Dame. There was a very long line so we viewed the exterior for the time being.
Next was walking around the grounds of the Louvre. M could have sat outside by the fountain all day but fortunately I was able to distract him and we moved on.
Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel:
Pigeons:
One of our first views of the Eiffel Tower from afar:
Nap time called so we headed back to the apartment checking out this statue of St. Michael on the way.
While Magnus was napping, I got to relax and read. I haven't done that lately since we've been busy painting our house, moving and unpacking. It's great to be in a foreign country and not thinking about all the things you could be doing while your child is napping and alas you are forced to relax!

Erik brought back a singing french toy from a kind coworker that Magnus thought was pretty funny.
That evening we headed out for a nice French meal followed by another lovely stroll through Luxembourg Gardens, walking around the neighborhood and topping it off with some ice-cream.
Luxembourg Palace:




No comments: