Sunday, August 6, 2017

NYC

Erik planned a weekend trip to NYC with friends for my birthday which was so fun. We brought the littlest M along with us but some NYC friends and a sitter watched her so we could enjoy two broadway shows. We saw Groundhog Day which was quite funny and Miss Saigon. 

I got to meet up with an old childhood friend I grew up ski racing with, see her awesome apartment where we had breakfast, and meet her beautiful family. We enjoyed delicious Italian food and cannoli, pizza and lots of other great food. Of course we enjoyed walking around the city and spending time with friends. We went to the top of one world trade center and rode boats in central park. I got to hear my friend briefly sing at her church in the choir. We nailed being tourists! About a week before the trip Erik was invited to attend an awards ceremony, so he adjusted his flight to stay one extra day and he got to accept a Webby award for ancestry.com. And now for a few pictures:

A pretty courtyard at my friends apartment: 

Cool views from the roof of her building:

M and I about to dig into a treat: 

I loved seeing the "Fearless Girl" statue:

M on the ferry enjoying the ride:

We enjoyed the view of the skyline from the ferry:

And from above at One world trade center:

M and I outside of Central Presbyterian Church where I got to hear my friend sing in the choir: (Erik was off recording his acceptance speech):


I couldn't resist a picture with these bright pink flowers:

M particularly loved all the real dogs she got to see, but this mural was also a hit:

I don't think I got a single picture of us together with our friends Jeff & Tristen, but they were great travel companions:

Erik's rowing cracked everyone up ; )


And M was a fan of the turtles:

This decadent shake may have been the highlight of the trip for this little lady though:

No comments: