Saturday, March 15, 2014

J skis for the first time


 I took the kids skiing on a Tuesday back in February with J in the backpack and M on his little skis as usual. We had a little picnic on top of the mountain and J kept trying to step into M's bindings. I guess she's seen all of us on skis enough to know how it works. 
I decided we should let her try it if she wanted to so the next Saturday after we all skied together for a while we took the skis and boots off M, and put them on her. She was quite pleased about all of this. She's the tiniest, happiest little skier I've ever met (~3 months shy of 2 to be precise.) She's got great balance and her willingness and enthusiasm went a long way. She'd just stand and glide straight down a little slope. M loved waiting at the bottom of the slope and catching her when we'd send her down. 


Looks like we'll be adding another set of skis and bindings next season. We finished the experience off by carrying J to the car with the skis remaining on just like she wanted. I wish the cell phone battery had lasted longer but we did capture her first ever run if you want to take a look below. If you listen closely you'll hear M saying "just let her ski on her own!":

No comments: