I drove to Denver and back with the two kiddos in the end of October to visit some old friends from Boston. I was dreading the drive, but the kids did awesome with a playground stop and a few bathroom breaks. The tunnels through the Rockies on I-70 helped add some excitement to a long drive, as did the many ski resorts we passed. M wanted to know if we were going skiing. I brought some CD's along and at one point asked M's opinion if we should listen to the Hairspray musical or Wicked musical. His response was "those are weird. How 'bout Dave Ramsey, that's not weird." It's one of my favorite lines of his.
We had a great time hanging at our friends house, a delicious breakfast at Snooze, checking out the Denver firefighter museum, eating yummy ice cream, and playing in the leaves. Another great M line happened when we were driving home about an hour after we had left which sums up this post nicely. It had been quiet for some time when M stated "I'm going to miss those guys for a long time."
No comments:
Post a Comment