Monday, August 19, 2013

Salmon Fishing

Never have I ever had so much fun fishing. Our trip happened to overlap with my Uncle Dave's annual fishing trip on the Kenai River in Soldatna. He was so nice to hook us up with poles and teach us how it's done. We could easily make this an annual tradition. We brought back a bunch of salmon which we've loved having to eat. It was my kind of fishing- quick catches and big fish. I had a huge smile on my face when I got my first catch which didn't take long. Erik and I took turns hanging out with the kids and fishing. I'm so glad we got to do this on our trip!




1 comment:

Melissa said...

Growing up in Alaska ruined me for fishing anywhere else. I remember a guy I was dating took my trout fishing once and I couldn't even feel them bite- I was used to my pole doubling over. Glad you got to experience some true combat fishing!