We made a weekend trip up to Zermatt in Midway with the Gatzemiers a few weekends ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. Friday night we got dinner at Dairy Keen in Heber where M has been asking to go since we last went back in March. He loves watching the train there and was excited to meet up with his friends. We ate shakes outside afterwards and June was loving the dog that was with the group of people next to us. She's kind of obsessed with dogs and loves to mimic their bark.
I got to do some mountain biking at dutch hollow early Saturday morning which was a great little place to ride nearby. We spent the day going to the pool, feeding the goats, and riding the carousel of course. While waiting for the carousel M decided to pee in some bushes nearby. He likes to make sure I'm paying attention I guess and vacations are no exception. But hey I'll take that over an accident any day. I don't know that many people noticed anyway which was nice after our last "incident" at Sand Dune Arch in Moab which was much more embarrassing for me. I was kind of shocked to come around the corner to M blocking the narrow pathway between cliffs to enter Sand Dune Arch with a group of tourists who were forced to wait below.
This year we decided to try out the gelato while waiting for the carousel and I can't say that I would recommend that (not great and so overpriced.) That afternoon we drove up to Mill Hollow and spotted a moose on our way which is always a cool sight. We did a short hike around the lake with the kids and enjoyed being out in nature. Now that's we've done this trip two years in a row we can officially call it a tradition right!? 
M was not pleased to be in the family picture above as he was sort of busy holding his friends hand as seen in the pictures below.
No comments:
Post a Comment