Monday, October 17, 2011

Saying Goodbye is hard to do

A little over a week ago we left our new home in Vermont and moved to Salt Lake City. It's not really how we pictured things working out after moving to Middlebury a little over 6 months ago and buying our first house. We planned to stay for a while and we liked living in Vermont. It's such a beautiful place.

I was sad to be leaving and it didn't help that the day I left was gorgeous and the leaves were the most spectacular they had been to date this year. Leaving in the doldrums of winter would have seemingly been easier. It felt like we had just unpacked from our last move, settled into our neighborhood and made new friends.

But here we are now and our families are happy to have us closer. Fortunately, we also have some friends here so that helps ease the sometimes difficult process of starting anew again. Finn started his new job last week and we are excited about that opportunity. And I am truly excited for some quality powder skiing this winter : )

We've had some great experiences living in New England during the past 7 years and in Vermont for a short period of that time. I'm so grateful for all of our awesome New England friend that we got to spend time with.

I came across this great quote on a friends blog and thought I'd share especially since it seems so relevant as we just departed Robert Frost country.

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on."

Robert Frost

1 comment:

Holli said...

Wow! All the best in SLC! Here's to powder skiing, family at the holidays and many fond memories.

xoxo