
Aren't they beautiful?
I'll admit I'm sort of a jam snob. I grew with really good homemade jam so store bought just doesn't do it for me. The past few years I've made strawberry jam when the berries were in season and I could buy them for a reasonable price but I love raspberry jam. Raspberries are just so darn expensive.

Lucky for me this year I had two opportunities to make raspberry jam. This summer a kind friend in Vermont let me come pick berries and I took these pictures to document the adventure of making freezer jam. It is quite easy. The hardest part was trying to pick berries faster than M could eat them. Once I overcame that challenge it was a breeze.

The second time around this fall was even easier. I headed over to my parents and helped my dad pick a few berries then my mom pretty much made the jam while entertaining M so I could take a nap. Isn't that just the nicest!?

Now I'm hoping I can ration out this deliciousness to make it last a little while.
No comments:
Post a Comment