Saturday, May 7, 2011

Green Mountain State

Last night I drove into town down the long dirt road to pick up some food and I couldn't help but notice the beautiful expanse of green grass and blue skies. There are certainly things I miss about the city (like my friends and the many conveniences it affords) but there is something about the pure, natural landscape here. The mountain backdrop at sunset is quite stunning and as I drove around the bend to view a picturesque barn in that setting I realized that views like this are rare and I'm glad to be able to enjoy them.

M has already developed a love of the outdoors. He likes to spend as much time outside as possible, preferably with some sticks and rocks in hand. He is also in love with our neighbors cat as you can see below. It is fun to see him discovering things for the first time, like last week when we saw a snake. He was fascinated and is very curious about the world around him.



No comments: