Wednesday, March 9, 2011

made with love

We usually draw names among family members for Christmas gifts since there are quite a few of us. This year the Larson family designated that gifts should be hand made. Everyone had almost an entire year to work on this project but I think most of us procrastinated until a few weeks before Christmas to get to work. My friend Alicia gave me a little demo on how to make these hair clips and headbands. I was very pleased with how they turned out. Lisa is beautiful so of course they look good on her anyway : ) It was a little stressful as Christmas got closer and I was struggling to decide what to do, but when it was completed it was much more fulfilling than buying something. It was really fun to see what everyone came up with. There are some really creative people in the Larson family so the pressure was on. I received a really cute decorative wreath for my gift in all my favorite colors (thanks Em!)

The gift Finn made was pretty awesome and I got to help him a bit with some of the photography. I'll post a picture when he sends me one... The gift he received was very awesome (I could hardly wait for him to open it!) Lorraine made a painting themed around two of Finn's favorite things: his alma matter (University of Utah) and football. It read, "I am a Utah man sir" included a portrait of our family decked out in Ute gear, and was signed by a ton of the football players. Very cool!

No comments: