Monday, August 30, 2010

Losing Weight



Note: For you regular readers of the blog who are used to Mikaela being the author of 90% of the posts, this is Finn writing

As of four weeks ago my BMI - a low tech standard way of quickly assessing weight health - sat at 28.1. This put me firmly in the "overweight" category. In fact at 28.1 I was closer to being "obese" than I was to being normal weight. As I think charts are an effective way of displaying information, here you go.



I've likely fit into this category for several years, but have lacked the proper motivation to deal with it properly. Recently, I started to notice the emergence of the dreaded moobs (man boobs) and decided enough was enough. I targeted 20 lbs of weight loss in 20 weeks, taking me from 225 to 205. I am four weeks in and have been charting my progress on a daily basis (see note about charts above). I've decided to share my weight loss chart on the family blog in order to give a public face to my goal, which will hopefully serve as an extra little piece of motivation.





As you can likely see, our scale is not the most accurate, it should be able to catch the general trend however (as long as there is one). Very cheesy, but hopefully helpful.

1 comment:

Margie said...

What a brave move to put your weight loss on the internet! Good job. I'm sure proud of you. Keep up the good work. Marge