Sunday, August 3, 2008

Utah Trip

My grandpa Martineau passed away recently so I got to go back and spend some time with my family recently. I was very fortunate to be able to live with my grandma and grandpa Martineau for a couple of years during high school so I have many fond memories of them. One thing in particular that I will always remind me of my grandpa is lucky charms. He had a cup of coffee and lucky charms pretty much every day for breakfast and the pantry always had a couple of extra boxes just in case.

One of the funniest memories I have of my grandpa was when one of my cousins was speaking at church for a homecoming. I went to talk to grandpa and ask him how he was doing and he replied “If I had my way, I’d be fishing right now.” I laughed pretty dang hard. He really loved fishing and as I was growing up our family was very lucky to be able to spend time at the cabin and on the boat at Flaming Gorge.

I will sure miss him but I really liked this scripture from Alma 40:12 that reads, those that depart from this life “are received into a state of happiness, which is called paradise, a state of rest, a state of peace, where they shall rest from all their troubles and from all care, and sorrow." Love you Grandpa!!

The family at grandpa Martineau's viewing. Eric, Brian, Breanne, Jared, Michelle (and soon to be born baby girl), and me. Just a few pictures from the trip:

Alta in July.. there were still patches of snow. Very strange to see snow after seeing none on the east coast for a couple of months now.
Hank the bulldog, how cute!

3 comments:

Jared said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jared said...

Hank looks Buff

Margie said...

Hank is so dang cute! I want a dog like Hank. Oh, Mooks you don't look too bad either (ha ha J/K). -Emily